- “S128” is solely restricted to individuals of legal age as determined in the jurisdiction in which the individual resides.
- “S128” holds no responsibility for any national laws, federal laws or international laws infringed by any users using our website.
- Users are responsible for their own actions and are bound by their own countries’ laws, which includes state laws or legal issues.
- All agents are responsible for their respective members’ accounts, and shall honour all confirmed bets submitted by them.
- Agents are not partners of “S128”. Therefore “S128” holds no responsibility for any discrepancies or disputes between Players and Agents.
- It is the user’s responsibilty to guard his/her User ID and Password from unauthorised usage. If the user’s User ID and Password are stolen or compromised, it is the user’s responsibilty to contact his/her agent immediately. The agent will then change the user’s User ID and Password for him/her.
- In the event of a stolen User ID and Password, the user is responsible for their respective accounts and will honour all confirmed bets submitted.
- The game results decided by “S128” will be final and binding.
- In all cases of dispute, both management of “S128” and the player must agree that “S128” transaction log database will serve as the final arbiter in the dispute. All disputes must be lodged within the day of that match outcome is determined. No claims will be honoured after the match day.
- The Player is solely responsible for verifying the accuracy of all their account transactions.
- Please be sure to review your bets for any mistakes, errors or omissions before submitting them over the computer. Once a bet is accepted over the computer, it cannot be changed or cancelled.
Limits and Liabilities
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, “S128” will not be liable to any person in the event of sabotage, force majeure, and/or for the events of failure or damage or destruction to “S128” central computer system or records or any part thereof, or delays, losses, errors, omissions or any others thereof resulting from failure of any telecommunications or any data transmission system, or any delay resulting in non receipt of any entry for a particular race.
- “S128” will not be liable for any loss as a result of an act of God, in an outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil unrest, act of terrorism, act of government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent), fire explosion, flood, theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out and industrial action of any kind.
- In the event of network connection, communications, system or human errors that causes bet related issues such as double bets being accepted, bets not able to be confirmed, place bets after the game started, etc. We reserve the right in the event of such errors to address it on a case by case basis and also to take any other action to correct such errors. We will not have any liability to you or to any third party in respect of such errors. If you have experienced such errors and continue to bet without reporting to your upline, you will be held responsible and honour all win/loss results if the errors happen again.
- These Rules and Regulations constitute the entire agreement and understanding between the parties.
- If there is any discrepancy between English language version of these Rules and Regulations and any other language version, the English language version supersedes the other languages and is deemed correct and valid.
- We are dedicated and committed to provide highest degree of integrity, service and gaming experience to satisfy our current and future customers.
- We strive to be the market leader in Live Sabong Streaming and broadcasting Philippines passionate past time to the world by providing quality, licensed and reliable Live Feed.
- To uplift the game fowl industry as one of the movers of our economy.
- To promote the sport as a source of livelihood to millions of Filipinos.
- To protect the inherent right and passion of every cockfighting aficionado and to enjoy the sport as part of our country’s tradition.
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF GAMEFOWL BREEDERS, INC. (NFGB)
Cockfighting is a unique filipino heritage, a cultural tradition that epitomizes sportsmanship, the honorable observance of fair play, respect for others and graciousness in losing are the norms of the sport that filipinos strictly adhere to without exception. In the pursuit of the sport, aficionados are held in high esteem; detractors are ostracized. The sport conforms to the principles of democracy, where the extremes of society, from the barefoot farmers. The high and mighty and all those in-between are treated as equals.
By adopting this Unified Derby Rules and obeying its mandates, we hope to finally succeed in enlightening the public and diminish, if not eradicate society’s nagging bias and disdain against Sabong.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
To attain an orderly and wholesome conduct of cockfighting, it is imperative for its participants and aficionados to share a common understanding of particular words and phrases that are commonly used in the sports of Sabong.
NFGB the national federation of game fowl breeders, inc. (federation for brevity);
An organization of game fowl breeders that is a member of the federation; Unless otherwise qualified, the term federation or NFGB shall include all the member associations under its umbrella.
One who organizes a derby.
- DERBY COMMITTEE (National)
An ad hoc or regular committee composed of three (3) members designated by the federation (comprising of at least 2 association presidents and 1 senior derby supervisor for national derby), to supervise derby proceedings and is empowered to resolve with finality disputes involving any of the rules and those that may not have been covered thereby.
- DERBY COMMITTEE (Local)
For local derby, the derby committee shall be constituted by the president of the local association, two of its board of directors and one representative of the federation.
- RIGHT OF REFUSAL
“S128” may exercise its discretion to deny, for reasons of its own, participation of any entry in “S128” derbies.
A matured rooster, the male of a chicken that has already undergone its first annual molt, pugnacious by nature, bred and trained to upgrade its capability to fight.
A young rooster twelve (12) months of age or younger.
A stag more than twelve (12) months of age (the stage in a rooster’s life between stag and cock.) (NOTE: unless otherwise qualified, the use of the term cock shall also include stag and bull stag.)
- COCKFIGHT / SULTADA
A fight between two (2) cocks armed with knives (tari), upon the result of which bets are laid.
- COCKFIGHTING / SABONG
The sport of pitting cocks in the manner of a cockfight.
A cockfighting event organized by the federation or a promoter where the participants agree to fight a given number of cocks matched according to uniformity or proximity in weights upon the result of which a pool of money (pot) is disposed and paid by the federation/promoter to the winners.
- COCKPIT / SABUNGAN / GALLERA
The venue of cockfighting.
- PIT / RUEDA
The arena in a cockpit where cocks are released to fight.
- KNIFE / TARI
A steel weapon of distinct curving shape and with a single cutting edge that tapers to a piercing point used in a cockfight, fashioned according to the traditional art and technique evolved by Filipino artisans, and still continually undergoing improvements by inheritors of the trade.
- PIT MANAGER
One who, before the start of a sultada, controls and administers proceedings in the pit according to the rules, and enforces discipline and order therein.
- REFEREE / SENTECIADOR
One who officiates in a cockfight with full authority and control of the pit from the start of a fight until he renders his decision on the outcome thereof.
- HANDLER / SOLTADOR
One who releases a cock in a cockfight.
- HEELER / MANANARI
An expert in the art of tying a knife/tari on a cock’s leg.
The name given by or on behalf of the participant in a derby under which his cocks will fight and by which he is identified for the purpose of establishing his rights and obligations for participating in the derby.
- ENTRY FEE
A definite sum of money paid by all the participants (entries) in a derby, to be able to join said contest.
- POT / POT MONEY
The sum total of the entry fees.
- CENTER BET / PARADA
A bet laid in a particular fight through the pit manager.
The cock in whose favor is laid a center bet bigger than that of its opponent.
The cock in whose favor is laid a center bet smaller than that of its opponent.
The area in the pit where the cock with a bigger center bet laid is stationed.
The area in the pit where the cock with a smaller center bet laid is stationed.
A bet solicited to augment the center bet of the dejado, in order to equalize llamado’s bet.
- RECORDED WEIGHT
The weight of a cock submitted for an entry and entered in the matching record.
- ACTUAL WEIGHT
The weight of a cock taken when presented for heeling or re-heeling as the case may be.
- LEG BAND
A numbered band attached around a cock’s leg for identification purposes, removed prior to the match, on the pit or rueda.
A selection process whereby cocks of the same or approximate weights are matched and programmed to fight.
- DOUBLE FIGHTS
The matching of two (2) fights between two (2) entries during a given derby day.
- CARREO / CONFRONTATION
The process of bringing the cocks face to face (beak to beak) when one or both cease fighting for the purpose of determining whether the fight should continue or a decision thereon may be made, executed by the referee in accordance with the TRADITIONAL 3-UP-3-DOWN SYSTEM DESCRIBED IN ANNEX \93A\94 OF THE RULES.
An interruption of the carreo caused by the reciprocal hitting and/or pecking of the cocks.
- BAD WEIGHT
The condition where the actual weight of a cock exceeds or is below its recorded weight by more than the allowed limit set in the rules. Note: in case there is disparity in the recorded weight of the protagonists, the higher recorded weight shall be used in computing for the excess in weight of both cocks. For those below the recorded weight, computations shall be made using the recorded weight of the individual cocks to determine if it has dropped its weight below the limit set in the rules.
- BAD SHAPE
The apparent or verifiable imperfect or unnatural appearance or condition of a cock that will, or is likely to, enhance, intimidate or undermine his or its opponent’s natural capability to fight.
The failure of an entry to present his cock for leg banding; weighing; heeling; or pitting within the prescribed period therefore.
The replacement of a matched cock with another under certain conditions.
- SUBSTITUTE COCK
The replacement cock in a substitution case.
The score that a cock makes in a fight, a win yields one (1) point; a draw, one-half (1/2) point; and a lose, zero (0).
- NO-BEARING FIGHT
A programmed fight in a derby where, if allowed to proceed, the outcome thereof would not have any effect on the derby results, including special prizes.
- 42-HOURS / 16-FIGHTS REGULATION
The time or number of fights allowed for a re-scheduled fight, to resume.
A cock that is provided by the pit manager to be fought against unmatched cocks, after the matching process fails to find an opponent for it, due to weight constraints.
- COUNT DOWN
A reverse counting of time units, applied in timing the fight, to ensure adherence to the ten minute limit.
- WING BANDS
Identification tags attached to the wing webs of cockerels during the fourth month of each year, to ensure that the age of stags fought in the stag fighting season are as near equal as possible.
RULE NO. 1 (WEIGHT LIMITS)
The weight of a stag/cock to be fought in a derby of the federation shall not be less than 1.7 kg nor more than 2.2 kg in a stag derby; and not less than 1.9 kg nor more than 2.450 kg in a cock derby. For bull stag derby, weight must not be less than 1.8 kg nor more than 2.3 kg.
RULE NO. 2 (SUBMISSION OF WEIGHTS)
The weights of the cocks to be fought in a derby shall be submitted on the day preceding the scheduled derby, at the place and time designated and prescribed by “S128”. Thereafter, matching shall follow immediately.
RULE NO. 3 (RIGHT OF REFUSAL)
We, “S128”, have the right not to allow the participation of any entry in its derby promotions for reasons of its own. Specifically when an entry in a scheduled derby (elimination, semi finals or finals/championship) that is fielding 3 bottom or top weights should be refused outright without any recourse
RULE NO. 4 (RECORDING OF WEIGHTS)
If announced beforehand by “S128”, the weights of cocks to be fought in a derby shall be recorded by the owner of the entry or his authorized representative, in two-parts: first, the part containing the entry number and entry name deposited in a drop box marked ‘a’, and second, the part containing the entry number and weights deposited in a drop box marked ‘b’, the same shall be shown to the authorized personnel of the derby committee to assure readability of the data contained therein; otherwise, the more practical forms of weight submissions done personally, thru telephone, cellphone, and similar means, may be resorted to.
RULE NO. 5 (COMPUTERIZED MATCHING; NO FIGHT ARRANGEMENT; MULTIPLE ENTRIES)
The matching of derby fights shall be computerized and the same shall be done in the presence of the derby committee and interested participants. The computer shall be programmed to conduct matching in progression starting with cocks of the same weights and ending with the pair of farthest weight gap.
RULE ON GIVE OR TAKE IN WEIGHTS:
- For stags and bull stags weighing 1.9 kg or lower, the allowed weight as give or take shall be 20 grams, and for stags and bull stags weighing more than 1.9 kg, the allowed weight as give or take shall be 30 grams.
- For cocks weighing 2.2 kg or lower, the allowed weight as give or take shall be 30 grams and for cocks weighing more than 2.2 kg, the allowed weight as give or take shall be 50 grams.
- No fight rule will be allowed only up to a maximum of 3 consensual entries
RULE NO. 6 (NO DOUBLE FIGHTS)
The computer shall be programmed to avoid double fights.
RULE NO. 7 (EXCEPTION TO COMPUTERIZED MATCHING)
If computerized matching is unavailable (as when the computer is out of order, or its operator is indisposed, or a brownout occurs, or for any other similar causes) the “bola” system of matching as heretofore widely practiced shall be resorted to.
RULE NO. 8 (FIGHT SEQUENCE)
Fight sequence shall strictly follow the procedure of early fight, early finish, late fight, late finish; and as a common practice, the interval between the fights of an entry approximates that of any other. The first five fights or more, depending on the number of fights, shall start with the pairs of lowest weights, in ascending order; and the next equal number of fights shall start with the pairs of highest weights, in descending order.
RULE NO. 9 (IMPOSABLE PENALTIES)
For infractions of the foregoing rules, the penalties that may be imposed are any or a combination of the following:
- Fine equal to the minimum center bet or a percentage thereof shall be imposed against an entry fighting a stag either in bad weight or bad shape
- Forfeiture of the entry fee;
- Other fines, forfeitures and pecuniary penalties as may be imposed by the derby committee;
- Prohibition to proceed with the scheduled/rescheduled fight, the same to be indicated by the letter ‘x’ in the score board/sheet.
- Disqualification to take part in the derby; and
- Indefinite or perpetual disentitlement from participating in whatever capacity in all derbies promoted by the “S128”.
RULE NO. 10 (BAD SHAPE: EFFECTS)
The instances and effects of a cock in bad shape are the following:
- Hesitation to fight
In cases of either limping and hesitation to fight they will only be allowed re-heeling for the second time, they either change stag/bullstag/cock or continue with the same bird. If they elect to change, they owe their opponent the fine of php 2,500 (delaying) and the rule 1 section applies.
If the cock still limps on re-heeling, it shall be replaced with a substitute cock weighing not more than the actual weight of the opponent taken when presented for heeling or re-heeling, whichever is higher, nor one of lesser weight by more than thirty five (35) grams.
The entry pays its opponent a fine equal to one-half (1/2) of the minimum center bet and the fight shall be scheduled within the limit set in rule no. 1
If the substitute cock also limps, or is in any other form of bad shape, the entry it belongs to shall suffer the consequences provided in sections a and d, rule no. 10 and shall be followed within the limit set in rule no. 1 to determine the score of the opponent.
- If a cock/stag manifests any sign of hesitation to fight, such as raised feathers behind the head, depressed body feathers, or moving away in the presence of another cock, or indisposition, such as droopiness, shivering, injury, or quitting before being hit by its opponent, or any other similar conditions, a substitute cock shall be used weighing equal to or less by not more than thirty five (35) grams than the actual weight of the opponent taken when presented for heeling or re-heeling, whichever is higher and the fight shall be re-scheduled within the limit set in rule no. 1 to determine the score of its opponent without penalty.
- In a situation where both cocks have been released in the pit, and one cock/stag refuses to fight before any actual contact have been indicated, the match will be considered a ”no match” contest. Under such condition, rule no, 11 shall govern the entry, whose stag manifested hesitation to fight, persisted in fighting/showing said stag, despite the opportunity given him to replace the same within period stated of rule no. 1, he shall be penalized five thousand pesos, and suffer the penalty provided under rule no. 10, and he shall be given another chance to put up another substitute cock or stag.
If after the two chances to replace the cock/stag also refuses to fight, the entry shall suffer the consequences of rule no. 10 shall be followed within the limit set in rule no. 1 to determine the score of the opponent.
To test if a cock hesitates to fight, the derby committee may direct that the cock shall be leashed and held at its end by its handler while the referee or one designated by the derby committee holds before it sees another cock at a distance close enough to provoke a reaction from the cock.
- If the cock’s appearance has been drastically altered (for instance, the neck feathers were cut to simulate the likeness of a vulture, or the feathers were dyed with colors different from what is natural to the cock, or any other similar alteration), the errant entry shall suffer the same penalties and consequences provided in the second paragraph section (b) above. Bad shape shall be determined by the derby committee at the pit or elsewhere, depending upon its discretion.
- If the cock is in any other condition or circumstance that will or tends to impair its natural ability to fight or that of its opponent’s, the errant entry shall suffer the penalties in rule no. 10; and as a consequence shall be followed within the limit set in rule no. 1 to determine the score of its opponents. Hennies shall not be accepted in derbies held by the NFGB.
RULE NO. 11 (FIGHT DISTANCE)
The cocks shall be allowed to fight for not more than ten (10) minutes or hits the other or when they hit each other simultaneously. The fight shall be considered finished when the referee renders a decision on the outcome of the fight within the period allowed; provided, that a carreo in progress when the time is up, shall continue to determine its outcome.
RULE NO. 12 (REFEREE’S AUTHORITY)
From the start of a fight and until a decision thereon is reached, the referee has full control and authority over the arena and the proceedings therein. In the exercise thereof and whenever in his judgment events or circumstances so require, he may call for the assistance of the persons in the arena.
RULE NO. 13 (TIMER AND STANDBY GENERATOR)
The timing device to measure the fight period shall be provided by the owner/operator of the venue of derbies of the federation, they shall also provide a standby generator.
RULE NO. 14 (EXECUTION OF CARREO)
If at any time during the fight period one or both cocks cease fighting, the referee shall immediately execute the carreo or confrontation by applying the 3-up 3-down system of the rules.
RULE NO. 15 (DECLARATION OF WINNER)
To be declared the winner, a cock must take two (2) pecks (whether connectint or not) or one (1) hit (whether connecting or not) directed at but not necessarily touching the opponent, and the latter neither pecked nor hit back during the carreo procedure.